Thursday, September 6, 2012

Road Runner Sports rocks my socks off!

I have been running in the Saucony ProGrid Ride 5 since about June, and I was just not loving them...and I was finding myself using different shoes to run in, even though these were my newest pair. They felt too stiff and not flexible enough on the sole. They also felt heavy, even though they were a "neutral" pair. These are the ones I was running in:

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/SCN1015/?cc=BLCIT
I actually found myself running in my Sketchers Go Run Ride. These were an impulse buy when I was there with the boys, getting them shoes. I liked how light they were, and the sales girl said to try them and if I didn't like them, to bring them back. Well, I like them for running AND for just doing my every day stuff. And they are only $80, vs. some running shoes that are upwards of $120. These are the ones I have been really liking:

If you've never gone to Road Runner Sports, they have an AWESOME return policy. If you are a VIP, then you get 90 days to try your shoes. I couldn't remember when I bought mine, but when I called, I had 3 days left to return. So, I loaded the boys up with snacks and of course the Disney Channel app on my phone, and went on a search for some new shoes.

They returned my shoes FREE and I got some lighter, more flexible Nikes. The people working there are very educated and while I've been finding myself using the more minimal shoe, they said that I should reserve those shoes for shorter runs. (like the Sketchers and the Nike Frees, shoes like that). I ended up walking out with these:

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIK1459/
And I walked out with 2 pairs of pants and a pair of socks. More about the pants in my next post: my love affair with Lululemon is breaking my heart.

I ran in them yesterday, and I like them. This weekend I have a scheduled 6 miler, so I will let you know how they feel!

Oh, and for your cuteness quotient for the day...my boys last night when I told them it was bed time. Cameron wants to sleep with Noah :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment