Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week 6, continued...

So I signed up for the yoga challenge that began on Monday, 9/10.

Here is the information, if you are interested: http://www.yogajournal.com/fitnesschallenge/?utm_source=Fitness&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=Fitness

I mentioned in a previous blog that I recently found a yoga studio that offers childcare AND it's by my house! SCORE! They have TONS of classes, all at different times. It's awesome!!! Here is there webpage, if you are local, and want to check it out:

http://www.hapayoga.com/

Anyway, I haven't being doing the videos that the Yoga Journal has been emailing me, BUT I have counted my yoga classes that I've been doing at Hapa toward the challenge. Same thing, right? I mostly have been doing the "hot as a mutha" class (similar to Bikram) and it's AWESOME! I didn't think I'd like doing yoga in a really hot room, but I feel so relaxed and light after. Totally stretched out and like I sweated out all the toxins. It's been great pairing that with my running - I run, then I stretch my tight lower body out!

Today I did "cardiyo sculpt". We used weights while doing yoga poses - tons of squats, lunges, legs, and also a good amount of upper body. Lots of plank and core, too. ALL in a heated (90 degrees) room. When I got home I got online to find out when the next class is...Saturday! YAY!

Anyway - so here is how my week 6 training schedule is shaping up...

M: gentle yoga/recovery and rest day
Tu: hot yoga and 4 mile run
W: 2 mile run and hot yoga
Th: cardiyo sculpt and 4 mile run
F: 2 mile run and hot yoga
Sa: 6 mile run and cardiyo sculpt
Su: ashtanga yoga (in a heated room)/recovery and rest day

Did you write out your plans for this week? Did you follow your plan? (I wrote out a loose plan, but have been modifying it/moving workouts around according to my schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment