Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 6

I'm now in week 6 of training for the LA Rock 'n Roll half marathon. How did this happen???

It's been so hot here...like 95 degrees with humidity. I am SO ready for fall. After my long run this weekend (which was supposed to be 6 miles, but I only did 5 miles because 1) I ran nasty hills and 2) because it was so hot I'm sure I left a trail of where I ran with my sweat, ala Hansel and Gretel style), I came home, stripped off my shirt and jumped into the pool in my sports bra and running pants. Noah thought this was super funny and told me he liked that "bathing suit" better than my others. Um, maybe because the running pants hold in my post-baby jiggly belly better. Hmmm...out of the mouths of babes.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of trying to figure out my workout plans for this week, and I'm LOVING hot yoga. They say you burn 500-1000 calories in class, but I'm not so sure. Sure, it's intense, but my heart rate doesn't get up like it does when I'm running...I should wear my heart rate monitor, but with all the sweat going on in that class, the chest strap would probably end up at my feet.

So, here is Hal Higdon training plan for this week...I followed the plan for both the Vegas and the San Diego RnR, so let's just go with what I know:

6Stretch & strengthen4 m run2 m run or cross4 m run + strengthRest or easy runRest5-K Race
Instead of doing a 5-K this weekend, I plan on doing my 6 mile run. Yesterday was my rest day, today I plan on doing 4 miles at the gym on the death-mill after I get Noah from school. I did hot yoga this morning. As for the rest of the week...not sure what's on tap. But, I'd better figure it out soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment